Friday, December 21, 2007

TARGET holds Amare Stoudamire Charity Sale...

PHOENIX - Target announced today a special holiday sale of 18 gallon clear plastic bins featuring Phoenix Suns Amare Stoudamire foot imprints for $6.99 to benefit the Boys and Girls Club of Arizona.

"We wanted to try something different and Amare has been kind enough to soak his feet in each bin for at least 40 minutes each," stated Cathy Shultz, senior vice president of red light specials for all eastern Arizona west of Phoenix Targets of the Southwest.

Amare's prone to injuries was a perfect match for Cathy and Target but he wasn't their first choice.


"We actually wanted to get the Gorilla or Steve Kerr to do it but it was just too hairy and messy, so we went with Amare who despite the bad athlete foot, we felt he was a perfect fit to match the Target mantra of overpriced items that could break easily."

Grant Hill was asked but he denied to help the kids as stated in his contract.

Amare was happy with the event for the most part, "Why does it have to be cold fucking water??? --- but, you know me, anything for the kids."

He adds, "You know, after leaving the bench when we played the Spurs, I spend the entire next game watching it with my feet in an 18 gallon Target bin, thinking WOW, I'm going to kill Robert Horry with my crow's feet but then something hit me, I thought about the kids --- and how many of them, dont have 18 gallon bins to store their toys."

"That's when the idea hit me and I called Cathy and made NBA history. You know me anything for the kids."

All fans who purchase the 18 gallon bins will also get a free DVD:


"It's our way to thank Amare, the fans and Morgan Creek Entertainment for a wonderful tax write off this year," adds Cathy.

----

Props to Amare and Target! Im in for 2.


No comments: